Workplace accidents happen. However, there are ways to help your company reduce costs and prevent injuries.
At Sacks Law Group, APC, our Los Angeles workers compensation defense attorneys have the skills and resources to help you minimize your risk. You have worked hard to maintain your business. Workers’ compensation insurance continues to rise. It is important that you seek the help of an experienced workers’ compensation counselor in Southern California. Schedule an evaluation today by clicking here or calling 310-216-7778.
Why is Workers’ Compensation so High?
Workers’ compensation is one of the highest costs to companies nationwide. Some industries are inherently hazardous and will carry higher insurance rates.
Construction companies and commercial truck drivers have long been ranked as two of the most dangerous occupations in America. However, surprisingly, retail worker injuries surpassed factory worker injuries.
In the last reporting year, the largest number of injuries and illnesses came from the following occupations:
- 21,710 construction laborers
- 25,570 stock clerks and orders fillers
- 26,760 light truck and delivery service drivers
- 33,430 nursing assistants
- 26,760 retail salespersons
- 68,470 laborers
- 49,700 truck drivers, heavy and tractor-trailer
- 35,620 janitors and cleaners
- 29,370 general maintenance and repair workers
How to Reduce High Workers’ Compensation Costs
In many cases, some of the most effective methods to reducing costs are some of the simplest. Successful strategies involve the following:
- Comparing workers’ compensation insurance costs and choosing a lower rate
- Follow the Workers’ Compensation Claims Management Best Practices, including:
- Making in-person contact with the injured employee
- Maintaining contact with the health care workers on the case
- Timely file paperwork
- Verify coverage
- Keep a daily log of all work completed on the claim
- Ensure the workplace has a well-defined culture of safety that involves:
- Regular safety checks throughout the day at the same time
- Weekly and monthly comprehensive safety checks
- Keep safety information fresh in workers minds through meetings, bulletins, and other relevant ways
- Have a distinct and clear injury procedure in place
- Supervisors, operational managers, and other employees should be assigned roles to ensure smooth and effective execution of the safety plan
- A clear plan that is routinely updated will help employees react correctly in case of a workplace accident and boost morale by earning trust
- Have an incentive program for new hires on safety protocol
- Have a return-to-work process with responsive communication throughout the recovery
- See if your state offers incentives or discounts for safety
- Check and review employee classifications regularly
- Reward program for safety
If you are interested in reducing costs and mitigating risk, consult with a workers’ compensation defense lawyer in Los Angeles today.
Consult Our Los Angeles Workers’ Compensation Defense Attorneys
Reducing costs is key to staying financially solvent for years to come. An experienced workers’ compensation counseling attorney can help implement a risk management system to protect your best interests.
Take charge of the legal risks in your company. When you are well-informed, you can make decisions with confidence and protect your business.
Contact the esteemed and highly sought attorneys of Sacks Law Group, APC, today for a free consultation. You can schedule an evaluation today by clicking here or calling 310-216-7778.