Sacks & Zolonz, LLP class=
Serving California
Toll Free : 800-461-0268

What is the Uninsured Employers Benefits Trust Fund?

If you get injured on the job in California, you are entitled to payment for your medical expenses through workers’ compensation. Employers are legally required to carry this insurance, but some employers may choose not to carry it. If this happens, you are not left without recourse should you get injured. The state has set up the Uninsured Employers Benefits Trust Fund, which will step in and pay what workers’ compensation should have.

According to State of California Department of Industrial Relations, you have to file a claim and follow several steps to get coverage under this fund. You will begin by getting an application from the Division of Workers’ Compensation. You start the application process by completing the employee section of the benefits form, which will enable you to put in a claim that your employer does not have coverage.

If it is found that your employer does not have coverage, then you can proceed to file a claim. You have to file an application for adjudication of claim, along with several forms that will need to be filled out at the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board. You will also need to provide documentation of your employment and medical information. You will send the complete package with all the forms and documentation to the WCAB. You must also provide your employer with a copy of the packet information.

After filing your packet, it will go in front of a judge who will then rule on your claim. You may have to wait for a ruling on your claim before you receive compensation, but in some cases, you may receive it before the ruling is final.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Sacks & Zolonz, LLP
638 North Eckhoff Street
Orange, CA 92868

Toll Free: 800-461-0268
Orange Law Office Map

Sacks & Zolonz, LLP
400 Corporate Pointe, Suite 800
Culver City, CA 90230

Toll Free: 800-461-9246
Phone: 310-216-7778
Fax: 310-216-9552
Culver City Law Office Map