Joel B. Gessin
Location:Culver City, California
Email: Email Me
A certified workers' compensation specialist, Joel B. Gessin has been practicing law for approximately three decades. Born in Los Angeles, he attended local public schools and holds college degrees in journalism, public relations and law. He is married and the father of two children.
His legal work has taken him from local administrative law agencies to state court, federal court and appellate legal proceedings. He has represented clients in jury trials and has represented people in a variety of legal actions, including workers' compensation, social security, family law, bankruptcy, immigration, criminal and personal injury matters.
He has written numerous articles about workers' compensation issues as well as many other articles on topics of interest to the public at large. His published work has appeared in a variety of newspapers and magazines. He belongs to several professional organizations and has worked with the movie and in the television industries. He also has been active in many charitable organizations.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Worker's Compensation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 1979
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1979
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- Juris Doctor - 1978
- San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
- B.A. in Public Relations - 1969
- Los Angeles Valley College, Van Nuys, CA
- B.A. Journalism
- Healthcare Services v. W.C.A.B. (Vasquez), 62 CCC 356 (Ct.App. 1997)
- Chey's Restaurant v. W.C.A.B. (Gothard), 59 CCC 1059 (Ct.App. 1994)